Monday, November 28, 2011

One Hundred Balls

Avery was so excited to make Stone Soup at school about a week ago.  She talked about it for weeks.  She kept telling us what kind of vegetable she wanted to bring.  She went to school that day, and she had a great time.  Then she came home and showed me EVERYTHING that was in the soup.... twice.  Poor girl.  I don't think I'll be wanting any kind of veggie soup anytime soon.

A few days ago, Avery told me,  "Your tummy is WAY bigger than a basketball.  Maybe like a giant watermelon.  Or two basketballs put together.  Or like a hundred balls that are kind of little."

Later that day, Preston informed me that, "Pluto does not exist anymore."  Carter and I told him that is does still exist but that some scientists don't think it's big enough to be a planet.  He adamantly told us that it really didn't exist anymore.  I started to laugh, which he didn't think was funny.  That made me laugh harder.  Then Avery told me, "Mom, you kind of laugh like a dolphin."

I told someone about Avery saying my laugh sounded like a dolphin.  She overheard, and she yelled, "I'm so mad you talked about it!  Don't ever talk about it again!"

At least she doesn't know how to get on my blog.


2 comments:

  1. That is so funny- I love it- and it is good that she can't get on the blog- I think that about my boys sometimes too. That should be a compliment that you look like 100 little balls and not a HUGE one- right?? And too funny about Pluto. I sure love your kids- even though I haven't met them yet. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Preston had such strong feelings about Pluto. The whole post made me laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete