My sister tagged me in her blog, so now I have to, and only because I love her, post one of these kind of posts. You don't have to read it.
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
So, here it goes.
1. I really like cinnamon rolls. A lot. About as much as I like chocolate. And that's saying something.
2. I love to read. I read 100-200 books during the four months I was on bed rest. (But only five books since Sadie was born three months ago.)
3. I am not really very good at any one thing. I'm not saying I have no talents at all, just nothing amazing that stands out. (Maybe not enough patience to actually improve my skills?) I am also not fishing for compliments. I hate fishing. I once caught a fish, and it swallowed the hook and died, and it made me cry. (I just had deja vu writing that. Maybe I wrote it before sometime?)
4. My friend, Tennessa, and I once made a bunch of little pipe cleaner people. Then we glued them onto some paper plates in funny positions and left them on the doorsteps of random people that we knew. I never got to see anyone's reaction to their weird present. (And of course I couldn't ask them about it. Then they would have known how weird I was.)
5. I did not try to pick trendy names for my kids. But when we moved to Utah, we noticed lots of Carter's and Avery's. Not as many Preston's and Sadie's so far. At least not in our little circles.
6. For almost a year, all of my siblings and I lived in Utah. And we did not grow up in Utah, so that's kind of weird. Now, there are only two of us left.
7. I love to travel. I am going on five trips this year, maybe six, and it doesn't seem like enough. (Europe, Wyoming, Southern Utah, Idaho- two different times, and Tennessee/North Carolina)
8. The name of our town should be Twin City. There are almost as many twins (and at least two sets of triplets) as there are "regular" kids. Because, you know, twins aren't regular.
9. I HATE it when my feet are trapped. I start feeling claustrophobic and hyperventilating just a little. And I have four kids, so it's common for them to sit on my feet at least once a day. Or to sit on the blanket loosely covering my feet. Socks are kind of hard for me.
10. I have no fine motor skills with my left hand. I can't even really click the mouse pad on my laptop when my right arm is otherwise occupied. (I don't know why I keep trying when I am nursing, but it takes me a really long time just to read a news article or something.)
11. Bill made me birthday pumpkin bread instead of a cake. It smells really good.
My answers to Heather's questions:
1. What's your stance on name brand vs. store brand?
I do not discriminate before trying out the different products.I try them all until I find one I am really happy with, and then I almost always get that brand.
2. What are you really passionate about that people wouldn't know until they get to know you?
Family finance, saving money, and staying out of debt. Don't get me started. (Also, I really can't stand Newt Gingrich.)
3. What is your theme song?
This year it is "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.
4. What is the grossest thing you ever found in your refrigerator?
Once, someone left some cauliflower at our house. I don't know if it's possible for cauliflower to "go bad" when it already starts out so gross.
5. What is the funniest thing you ever saw first hand?
A dog falling out of a second story window. It was a big yellow lab, and it didn't look like it got hurt.
6. If you could be famous for anything, what would it be? (writer, singer, actor, gymnastics, etc)
Maybe a writer, but I don't want to actually be famous, so I need a good pen name.
7. What's your favorite time of the day and why?
When I am asleep. I have really weird dreams.
8. Favorite childhood memory?
That one time that it was my dad who couldn't stop laughing during family prayer. (It was usually the rest of us getting into trouble for laughing.)
9. Favorite singer of all time?
My brother (and the sisters together). Or maybe Avery. Man, that girl can't carry a tune! It's so cute. (I can't pick just one famous singer, although my brother could be if he wanted to be, so does that count?)
10. What character is most like you in Pride and Prejudice? (cheesy, I know...)
Elizabeth Bennett. Best book ever.
11. If you could own all the clothes from any retail store, what would it be?
gymboree or babygap/gapkids
My new questions:
1. What are your five favorite books?
2. What is your favorite household chore?
3. Where would you most like to travel? With kids? Without kids?
4. Who do you know that is really funny?
5. What is your least favorite food? (Besides lima beans.)
6. What is your favorite kids' show?
7. What was your favorite movie when you were a kid?
8. Grade when you had your least favorite school picture?
9. Who do you want to be like when you grow up?
10. Where do you want to live when you retire? (somewhere by family? somewhere you have never been? some place you visit and love? where you grew up?)
11. What is something funny that has happened to you or someone close to you in the last year?
My tagged people:
Anyone else who reads this and has a blog. Just comment and tell me so I can read your answers.