Monday, March 26, 2012

This week

Carter:  Mom, what's this muscle here?
Me:  Your calf muscle.
Carter:  I think I have really good calf muscles.  And I have really good muscles here when I flex my arms.
Me:  Your biceps.
Carter:  Yeah, I have really good biceps.  And what are these muscles on boys?  (He uses both hands to draw circles around his nipples.)
Me:  Your pectorals.
Carter:  I want to get really good muscles there.  And I want to have a six-pack.
(Silence for about a minute, except for my laughing.)
Carter:  Mom, what's a six-pack?

Preston:  Mom, what's the weirdest thing you ever saw?
Me:  A dog falling out of a two-story window.
Preston:  Did it break any bones?
Me:  I don't know.  I just saw it as I was driving by.
Preston:  Well, the weirdest thing that I ever saw, if I saw it, would have been a monkey doing the hula.
Preston:  You're the weirdest mom in this family.
Me:  You think I'm weirder than that other mom?
Preston:  What other mom?  (pause) Well, you're weirder than Aunt Laura.  She's pretty weird, but you're way weirder.
Me:  How is she weird?
Preston:  Well, she's weird because she just lets kids play Wii whenever they want to.
(He never did justify his comment about how I am weirder.)

Something I never thought I would hear Bill say.  We were on the way to church, and he said, "Oh no!  I don't remember if I unplugged the flat iron!"  
(He did.  And he had helped me out by fixing Avery's hair.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. If mom's that let their kids play Wii whenever are weird, then I'm a freak show!! My kids know how the Wii works way better than I do and I refuse to play against them because they always beat me--my competitive side comes out and I may or may not throw the remote. ;)

    ReplyDelete