Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One of Us

If you have not cried over spilled milk, then you have never been a nursing mother.

Avery told me, "I think Sadie's going to have a really cute voice."

I think so, too. She started babbling for the first time the other day, and she hasn't stopped since she discovered she could do it.

Carter sat on the couch next to Sadie and me. He pointed at Sadie and said, "It's weird to think that she's one of us." I asked, "What do you mean?" He responded, "Well, she's so... small..." I asked, "Is it weird to you that she's in our family or that she's a little person?" "BOTH!"

I am not making dinner. I looked at recipe books for an hour. Nothing sounds good. Except chocolate. And cinnamon rolls. And my husband's parents are here, so I think chocolate and cinnamon rolls are out of the question.

Carter's on a roll lately. I thought that since he was nine, he wouldn't say funny things anymore. I am glad to be proven wrong. He makes me laugh all the time still.

He's not the only one.

Preston told me that I am not an old lady or a young lady. "You're a medium lady. And you're medium because you're not fat or skinny. You're just medium all the way."

Thanks.

Avery was on my bed playing a game today. I heard her screaming, so I ran to her to see what was wrong. She had somehow smashed her toe in the top drawer of Bill's nightstand. I don't know how she did it, and I couldn't really comfort her very well because it was so funny to me. Bill's nightstand is about a foot away from the bed.

Two good things about summer: Leverage and Warehouse 13.

What do you like about summer? (Besides the fighting kids....)




3 comments:

  1. I'm with Carter all the way. I totally have those moments where I'm like, "Wait, where did these kids come from?"

    I like otter-pops in the summer, except when Sam convinces himself that he can't push them up and asks me to do it. Then I eat them for him, and I like them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your blog, Mel! Thanks for keeping me up to date. We still need pictures and a playdate, soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like taking trips and when the kids go back to school. That pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete