1. I just did Avery's half birthday celebration at school, three months late.
2. For her birthday at school, she got a no homework pass, which I realized was useless because she hardly ever does her homework in the first place.
3. I swore at Carter during his haircut tonight.
4. I forgot to feed Sadie lunch and grabbed a handful of snacks when we had to go somewhere today.
5. I made Avery cry. Lots of times.
6. Some of those times I then yelled at her for crying.
7. I didn't blink when Sadie ate food she found under the table on the floor I hadn't slept for over a day.
Well, I probably blinked because I blink a lot because of my contacts.
8. It has been six weeks since I gave any of my kids a piano lesson, nine since I gave Avery one.
9. I never made Bill a birthday cake, and his birthday was three weeks ago. What kind of mom doesn't teach her kids that daddy's birthday is important?
10. My kids had to get school clothes out of the dirty clothes because I am about ten loads of laundry behind where I should be to keep my kids from going naked.
11. I didn't call my mom for Mother's Day until today because I didn't pay attention to the time, and it is two hours later where she lives.
12. I still feel like swearing twenty minutes after Carter's haircut. And the clippers are still on the counter with hair all over them, and I am waiting for Bill to notice and put them away.
Bill did make me cinnamon roll pancakes, even if he had to break the Sabbath because he didn't know we were out of eggs more than two-thirds of the way into cooking.
I guess you have to break a few Sabbaths to get some eggs.
I realize that wasn't really funny. It really is a special day. Don't go buy eggs on Sunday. Unless you are making me a treat.