Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Few Random Things

We always pass this restaurant when we go into Brigham City. The sign always lists their special for the week. The most common are "Hot Hamburger" and "Salisbury Steak". Sound good? Well, today it's even better. "Liver and Onions".... I'll be sure to tell you how it is....

The Brigham City Temple is getting so close to completion! Come visit us when you come to the open house in August or September.

Preston: Mom! We have a serious problem! (Looking VERY worried)
Me: What is it?
Preston: You parked right in the middle of the driveway. Where will Daddy park when he gets home?

Do you ever realize that you have completely zoned out.. while you are driving? Do you wonder how you made it to where you are without being completely aware of the last quarter mile? Do you wonder if you accidentally ran a red light? Or if you are going anywhere close to the speed limit?

I'm just wondering. Of course, I wouldn't have any experience with this.

We had a miracle happen. Carter lost his glasses yesterday. He took them off when he was getting ready to go swimming. We looked everywhere in the house for them. We spent hours looking. This morning, I felt prompted to look in the garage. I was busy, so I didn't look until this afternoon. The miracle is that I found them, after driving to take the kids to summer art camp and driving to pick them up from summer art camp, ON THE BACK OF THE CAR.

So, you should listen to promptings right away because most of the time, glasses will not stay on the back of a car through two trips to the Fine Art Center. Plus, Carter had a hard time seeing at the camp.


2 comments:

  1. That glasses thing really is a miracle. I seriously can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, I just got caught up on your blog. I love the funny stories you have shared. I think it's funny how your son was concerned that Bill wouldn't have room to pull in the driveway. Is that a boy thing to notice? And the glasses, AMAZING! I also love the daddy questions.I'll have to use them someday to see what my kids know about their dad.

    ReplyDelete