Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Percy Jackson and the Tummy of Monsters

Preston: Who would you like to be the son of? (We were watching Percy Jackson, and he was wondering which Greek god I would want to come from, I am assuming.)
Me: Nobody.
Preston: Why not? Not even the son of your dad?
Me: No. I don't want to be the son of anyone.
Preston: Why? Oh! Because then you would be Uncle Matt?
Me: Right.
Preston: And then you would have to burp the ABC's?

Bill was using a jackhammer a lot of the day. It was loud, so the attempts to get Sadie to take a nap all failed. After the final attempt, when she screamed for a long time, I brought her into my bed to cuddle with me and try to calm down. I asked her why she was crying so hard. She answered, "There's monsters! There's monsters in my tummy. They want to eat my hands." I tried to reassure her that there were no monsters, that it was just Daddy using a tool that was really loud. "There's a monster looking at me. In my winnow. It's Tootie (Cookie) Monster. He wants to eat my hands. It's starey. He wants to eat my hands," she said, with tears still coming to her eyes.

Avery has been playing school with Sadie a lot lately. Sadie was getting ready for school today. She put a jacket on over her footie pajamas, put her princess backpack on, and told me she was going to school. I asked who her teacher was. She seemed to have been trained well. She answered, "It's Miss Avie. Miss Avie is my teacher."

I fixed Sadie's hair the other day. I told her she looked like a pretty princess with her hair like that. She shook her head. "No, I don't wook wike a princess. I wook wike a pretty Minnie Mouse. Oh, I'm tute wike Minnie."

No comments:

Post a Comment