Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwing Chickens

Overheard in the last few minutes from one kid in the large posse of boys downstairs:

I could throw chickens at you all day long. All. Day. Long.

At least I don't wear underwear under my clothes....

I'm just gonna punch you in the face and see what happens.

I want to get ripped.

From one of the other boys: Gross! You stink!
From the same kid who said all the other stuff: At least I did it like a man.

My boys have interesting friends. He said funny stuff for so long that I just started typing the stuff as I heard it for a minute or two. I should have started earlier for a larger quantity of his stuff, and I would have had more if Sadie hadn't started climbing on me and stuffing bread in my mouth and giggling. He also randomly breaks into song.

What is the last thing you would expect to pull out of your kid's pockets when you are doing laundry? I think a roast beef sandwich from Arby's would be way up there on that list. Especially when I have never bought that kid a roast beef sandwich from Arby's. And it wasn't even in a wrapper!

He got it at a day camp he went to today. So glad it was from TODAY and last Thursday's camp!

Are there things you always wanted to do? I have had two main dreams. I always wanted to be in an improvisational comedy group. I have been watching Studio C with my kids lately, so it's on my mind. I don't know if I would have been any good at it, and it's a little late for that now. The other dream is to write books. I am working on that, but I think I'm on the ten to twenty year plan. What did you want to do that you never got to do?

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. I love those comments the kids made, they made me laugh a little. And you would have been fun in an improv group. Except everybody would be jealous because of your big lips and eyes. And then people would forget their lines when they looked at you...anyway, I love you. Keep doing your dreams. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete