Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Making Something Is One Way To Say...

Avery: It's easy as pie. Well, how easy is pie?
Preston: Not that easy. Count to Pi. One. Two. Three. Four. Whoops! Passed it! 

Me: Button, button, who's got the button. (Avery was holding one in her hand.)
Avery: I don't know who Scott the Button is.

For some reason, there was a smurf on my head. Sadie looked up at me, shook her head, and said, "You don't wook perfect." Then she took the smurf. 

Sadie asked me if she could open a package of crayons. "What do you want them for?" I asked. She replied, "Oh, I just want them for my art."

I asked Sadie who she played with in her nursery class today. She answered, "Just Annie and Dann-i-ehw and Prince Wednesday." 

Sadie honestly spends hours playing with my feet. She talks to them, dresses them up with sunglasses or her blanket, rocks them like they are babies, and wants to snuggles with my "toesies" as much as she can get away with. It is weird. I also hate people touching my feet unless there is some kind of massage going on. It is also really funny. Sometimes she prays for my feet.

Avery thinks she hit the jackpot of birthday presents because she got a volleyball net with a new ball and badminton equipment. 

My kids have spent days being entertained without using media. Bill's trick? He bought them a bunch of kinds of fabric and felt, and they have been making their own toys and other creative items. They have just been sewing everything by hand, so it takes them a really long time to make anything. There are also fabric scraps and pieces of stuffing everywhere. Probably needles that I will find by sitting or stepping on them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment