Monday, October 15, 2012

Arches and Vacuums

Me: Preston, stop spanking my bum.
Preston: (giggling) I can't help it. It's so funny because it just wobbles sooo much!

We are now in the stage where we hear a loud thud or bonk followed by a cry many times a day. She just can't stand as well as she thinks she can.

Who knew my nine-year-old and seven-year-old boys would have so much fun playing vacuum tag. They giggled and squealed whenever I pretended I was going to get them with the vacuum.

Bill is on the way to the airport to pick up my brother. He is coming to the U.S. for my grandpa's funeral.

Incidentally, I am in the market for some really good waterproof mascara. Cry-proof mascara.

Bill bought the kids some Garfield comic books at a used book store the other day. They can't stop laughing when they are reading them. It seems like I thought Garfield was funny when I was a kid. Now, I have no idea what I thought was so funny.

Preston was so embarrassed to admit the name of  book that he was reading. It was There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom.

Sadie frequently says, "da-da" and stares at the door for several minutes, usually when she has heard a car door or other sound outside. She has been disappointed every time.

We went to Arches National Park on Saturday. The kids loved the hiking and exploring. I also noticed that there are tons of inappropriate rock formations. Am I the only one who has noticed that?

When we were about two hours into our drive down to Moab, we realized that we had forgotten to pack the portable crib. We did not go back to get it. We tried having her sleep in a closet, but a few seconds later, she was out in the family room. That happened three times. The next day, we bought a new one. And it was the ONLY one in the store, and it was on the top shelf, and when I got it down, it fell on me.

We had tiny shell pasta tonight, so I gave some to Sadie. I think she would have given me an award for the most awesome mom ever. She loved it!

I just put her to bed, and she is so mad at me right now. I guess it's back to the meanest mom in the universe for me.

The vacuum has been sitting at the bottom of the stairs for the last two hours. Every time I walk by, it freaks me out because it looks like there is a person standing there. I should put it away.

I hope my brother brings me some really good European chocolate. I would eat it all, probably in a day or two. I wouldn't want to deny Preston the joy of spanking my wobbly bum by losing any weight...

3 comments:

  1. Bwahaha, Mel! Love your posts, you can always make me laugh. I hate when I run and I can feel that jiggle on my lower back. That's why I do it at 6 a.m. in the morning. It's so dark, nobody can see me!! Of course if I go to the gym I'm outta luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Matt brought you some good chocolate. Good luck finding some good cry-proof mascara. I am sorry about your grandpa. Oh and I liked that book Preston is reading. I can't remember what it's about now, but I remember that I read it more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm flattered that your friends follow me. I don't think I know you in real life but that's why we have the internet, right? Your kids are adorable, and I bet your wobbly bum is the envy of your neighborhood. :)

    ReplyDelete