Thursday, January 9, 2014

Funeral Papers

I reached over Bill's shoulder to try to click on a link. I tried several times. "It doesn't matter how many times you click it, it's still not going to work," Bill said. "Why? Did you already try it? Is the screen frozen?" He gave me a moment of silence to let me realize that I was clicking on the screen of a laptop instead of a tablet. Then, we laughed so hard that we could barely breathe.

Me: Carter, can you hand me those fingernail clippers?
Carter: I don't have any. I don't even know what funeral papers are!

I love when someone hears something way different from what is said. Not as funny as pants of doom, but still funny.

My lip cracked open yesterday, and it bled for about five hours. It was weird.

Trying to teach Sadie about family relations, I told her who my sisters were. I asked who her sister was. She answered, "Avery is my sister, and my other sisters are Tywer and Wizzie." (Cousins)

Another time, she was talking about her other cousins. I asked who their mom and dad were, trying to see if she had made the right connections in her head. She replied, "Charwot's daddy isn't Untow Mart! It's not Untow Mart. It's someone ewse!" I guess she knows...

Sadie was singing "Happy Birthday" to everyone yesterday and giving people fake gifts, saying, "It's your present! Happy Birsday, Mama!" (Or Avie or her baby doll, depending on whose birthday it was at that moment.) I was so grateful for all her thoughtful gifts of trash and/or broken toys.

Carter's birthday was not that long ago. We took a bunch of kids to play laser tag and arcade games. One kid told me, very earnestly, "Thank you so much for inviting me. My mom grew up a long time ago, and she just doesn't understand that kids need to have fun sometimes." Later, when he was somewhere else, I laughed really hard, especially because she is a WAY more fun mom than I am, and I know their family does more fun things than we do! Also, she's only a couple of years older than I am...






No comments:

Post a Comment