Sunday, January 12, 2014

Roller Coasters and Hay Bales

I hate being late to church. I even hate when my family is late to church when I stay home. It stresses me out so much. I don't know why it is so hard to get everyone ready for church at 11:00 on Sundays when I get the kids ready for school every day by 8:00! 

I was reading Sadie a book about farm things a few minutes ago. "What's that, Sadie?" She answered, "It's a rower coaster." I told her what it really was. "Oh. It's a hay bayo?" Honest mistake. Roller coasters and hay bales have a lot in common.

Me: Sadie, where's your blanket?
Sadie: Daddy stow it! He took it to work!

Sadie brought me a toy potato. She was laughing really hard. "It's a funny poop. It wooks wike poop!" She laughed about this for about fifteen minutes this morning. *update* She actually laughed about the "potato poop" for almost an hour. 

Carter was standing by the door, watching for his ride this morning. Sadie yelled, "Tarter! Tarter, I need you! Tarter! Hurry, Tarter!" He came to her in the kitchen where she was eating her breakfast. "What do you need?" He sounded worried because of how distraught Sadie was. She told him, "I need you to det me that puzzow." 

Preston came home early because he wasn't feeling well. (Thanks for picking him up, Valerie.) He came just in time to watch Sesame Street with Sadie. "Do those two weird puppets live together? They don't even seem like they like each other." (He was talking about Bert and Ernie.) Later, Elmo said, "Dorothy is thinking about eyes, too." Preston interjected, "No, she's not! She's trying to get out of the bowl!" (The fish was ramming into the side of the bowl, so it was a valid observation.) Then, he said, "Mr. Noodle's a grown man, and he doesn't even know how to use his eyes. What an idiot." For some reason, Sesame Street just doesn't enthrall him like it used to...

Sadie's prayer for lunch: thank you for my mac and cheese. Thank you for my fork. Thank you for my water. Thank you for my penciw. Thank you for Preston's penciw. Thank you for Preston. And Tarter. And Avie. And Daddy. And Mommy. And Sadie. And puppies. And my mac and cheese. And some chocowate. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment