Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Sort-of Typical Conversation with Sadie

I like to sing, "I am like a star shining brightly, shining for the whole world to see. I can do and say happy things each day, for I know Heavenly Father loves me," to Sadie. Every single time I sing it, without fail, for the last three or four months, she says immediately after I finish, "Heaveny Father wuvs me. And Jesus wuvs me. And Daddy wuvs me. And Mommy wuvs me. And Presty. And Avie. And Tarter wuvs me. And God wuvs me." I explained that God and Heavenly Father are the same person. I don't know if she really understood that concept. Today, her list was a little longer than usual. She continued, "And some of my friends wuv me. And some of my grandpas wuv me. And some of my grandmas wuv me. And some of my other friends wuv me. And Untow Stott wuvs me. And Baby Ivy. And Heather. And a puppy. I pet a puppy. The puppy was on the fwoor. I wuv puppies. I wuv titties, too. (Kitties) And I wuv goddies. (Doggies) And I wuv another tittie. And I wuv a bunny. And the puppy on the fwoor wuvs me. Do you wuv a puppy?" I reminded her that it was time to go to sleep for her nap. "I'o dream about puppies. And about a piece of paper."

I think the puppy on the floor is my sister's dog. And I forgot to ask her about her dreams when she woke up to see if she really did dream about a puppy and that piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment