Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Open Windows


I am so glad that I had some cleaning ladies come and help me out, especially with my bathroom. I am so embarrassed that I didn't notice before my shower that they had cleaned the blinds and window and had left the blinds open. The window is right next to the shower but outside the shower, so I sustained some bruising in trying to reach over the top of the shower to shut the blinds. My neighbor was outside, but I don't think he saw me. At least, he hasn't said anything to indicate that he has. I also haven't seen him since looking out the window and noticing that I could see him while in the shower, so...

Me: I love you, Sadie.
Sadie: I wuv a butterfwy.

During our family prayer tonight, Sadie kept reaching into Bill's shirt pocket, pulling out imaginary findings and saying, "Here's a wittow chip for me. Do you want a chip, Daddy? Oh, here's another chip. Oh, there's more chips in there. Yum. These are good chips. No, I don't want to stop it. I want another chip..." 

Avery has been working on cartwheels and handstands the last few weeks. She is not very good at either thing, and she can't really believe that I was once talented at gymnastics. I stopped right about the time I finally mastered a back handspring, and I was too scared to do it anywhere other than a gym, so I wasn't that amazing, but I wasn't bad. I even have video proof that I could throw myself back and forth on the uneven parallel bars and complete a decent floor routine, complete with perfect splits. I don't think there's proof that I once had good enough balance to do the beam, but I did, and I don't think I ever fell off. 

I have been married a lucky thirteen years. We celebrated with a nice dinner of leftovers (from two separate nights, so we had choices), surrounded by fighting children, followed up with even more fighting, then some weird game the kids played, in which they spread blankets all over the entire floor upstairs. It was so nice that they wanted us to be able to spend quality time together to clean up their giant messes. It was so amazing! I love my family!

(I really do love my family, and I am only halfway mocking all the people who have much more awesome and more romantic anniversary celebrations than we do. Plus, Bill was able to stop on the way home from work and get me some chocolates of which I was not allergic to at least a good third of the box.)

**I kind of feel bad for giving this post a name that indicates that I might relate some uplifting thought or story, (like when God closes a door, He opens a window) when I was really just letting you have a possible laugh at my indecent exposure.**

No comments:

Post a Comment